How It Works
Osborne’s Stanfield heat pads are designed to provide supplemental heat to newly born piglets and growing nursery pigs. The very first heat pad to be used in pork production, our pads provide a warm laying area for the animals to rest, keeping them away from the sows and preventing crush losses. The pads surface temperature stays uniformly warm, about 30-35° F (16-20° C) above air temperature. The heat pad’s tough fiberglass-reinforced composite material blocks drafts coming from the pit, is easy to clean, and gives animals solid footing.
With UL, CSA, CE, IEC and PSE certifications, our pig heat mat is safe to operate. At maximum power, an S1B4 heat pad uses 66% less power than a heat lamp*. Power consumption is even lower with the use of one of our heat pad controllers.
Osborne’s Stanfield heat pads are available in a variety of sizes and wattages.
(* 66% figure refers to calculations from Hydro-Quebec.)
Features & Benefits
- Keep piglets away from sow to reduce crush losses
- Increase gain and weaning weights
- Decrease energy costs
- Resting surface remains constant and uniform, 30-35° F (16-20° C) above air temperature
- Safe and durable – wire pattern with composite plastic poured over and around the wire
- Made with water-resistant and fire-retardant material
- Smart-Fasteners make installation easy and secure
|Catalog No.||Size (Feet | Meters)||Pigs Served||Maximum Power Output (W)||Energy Used (kWh/Day/Litter)|
|Osborne Stanfield® Heat Pads|
|One Litter Farrowing Heat Pad|
|FH-RS1B30||1 x 3 | 0.3 x 0.91||Up to 9||80||1.92|
|FH-RS1B40||1 x 4 | 0.3 x 1.22||Up to 12||100||2.40|
|FH-RS1B50||1 x 5 | 0.3 x 1.52||Up to 15||140||3.36|
|FH-RS1824||1.5 x 2 | 0.46 x 0.61||Up to 9||95||2.28|
|FH-RSE106||1 x 6 | 0.3 x 1.83
|10 to 12||150||3.60|
|RH-RS1200||2.3 x 2.3 x 3.5 | 0.7 x 0.7 x 1.07
|10 to 12||90||2.16|
|Two Litter Farrowing Heat Pads|
|FH-RS2B30||2 x 3 | 0.61 x 0.91||Up to 18||160||1.92|
|FH-RS2B40||2 x 4 | 0.61 x 1.22||Up to 24||200||2.40|
|FH-RS2B50||2 x 5 | 0.61 x 1.52||Up to 30||280||3.36|
|Nursery Heat Pads|
|FH-RS2030||2 x 3 | 0.61 x 0.91||Up to 12||115||3.00|
|FH-RS3030||3 x 3 | 0.91 x 0.91||Up to 18||200||4.80|
|FH-RS3040||3 x 4 | 0.91 x 1.22||Up to 24||260||6.24|
|FH-RS3060||3 x 6 | 0.91 x 1.83||Up to 36||400||9.60|
Stop wasting money on inefficient heat lamps!
Enter your data below to see how much you could save!
Do you like what you see? With the addition of Osborne Heat Pad Controllers, your savings will increase even further! Call your Osborne Sales Representative or Osborne Customer Service to learn about increasing your energy savings by switching to heat pads.
* Illustration represents heat pads and heat lamps operating at 100% power. Assumes sows are moved to Farrowing Barn three days prior to farrowing and no “downtime” in between groups. Figures are based solely upon user’s entered information. Osborne Industries assumes no responsibility and makes no guarantees about actual monetary or energy savings. The information is to be used for illustration purposes only.
Heat Pad Smart-Fasteners Specification Sheet: English
Pig Heating Pads vs. Heat Lamps: Heat Placement in Farrowing Facilities: English
Researcher Finds Piglet Heating Economies | As Published in Ontario Hog Farmer: English
Heat Pad Operating Instructions (110V/North America) & Warranty: English/Spanish
Heat Pad Operating Instructions (220V/North America) & Warranty: English/Spanish/French
Heat Pad Operating Instructions (100V) & Warranty: English/Japanese
CSA Certificate: English
CE Declaration of Conformity: English
CB Certificate: English
PSE Certificate: English